Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tasha Tuesday

Tasha is doing well on her walks. The only thing I fear is cars and tractors. She wants to chase them and I need to train her not to. Callie was afraid of vehicles and sat down whenever one went by. But Tasha is her own dog and wants to chase everything that moves. Whenever a car goes by our road, Tasha runs out and tries to chase it. She's inside the yard, so she can't get hurt, but if she sees one while we're out, who knows what could happen.

No cars to worry about here. But just behind us is the road.

Luckily, so far, there haven't been many instances of cars while we walk. I just need to pay attention and keep her close when there's a possibility of a car going by. This fall the harvesters will be out in the vineyard. That will be a challenge.

Monday was a relatively hot day, and Monday night was particularly warm. Last week it was so chilly that the heat came on one morning. This morning the low is 22.5ºC (over 72ºF). It's so warm and dry that I went for our morning walk in shorts and a tee-shirt, something that happens only a few times a year.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you tube will provide you with a way to teach Tasha to not chase cars. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hope she doesn't catch them and retrieve them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. If you catch her digging a *very* large hole, check carefully to see if there's a Citroen involved.
      I second Evelyn's idea of YouTube for training videos.

      Delete
  3. dear me. Are there a lot of cars in your area? I get the impression at times you are out in the woods away from vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, I hope we get through it unscathed...

    evelyn, we'll check it out.

    stuart, ha!

    emm, I'm hopeful that she's over her digging stage, but we'll watch her carefully. LOL

    michael, a lot compared to what? ;) There are always cars zooming up and down the road (although not in a steady stream), including those who are lost and have to turn around and go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that would be a worry. I hope Tasha learns quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!