Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Hats off

I see these plants out on my walks every year, and every year I wonder what they are, and every year I forget. Right now the flower heads are shedding their protective covering or, if you will, taking off their hats.

A very stylish chapeau, don't you think?

Since I never remember what they are, there's no point in trying to look them up again. There's too much else to do, not the least of which is to play with the puppy and walk the big dog. Today I'm planning to finish up the window and curtain washing (just three more to do!). But that will be later.

Freedom!

The first chore is to water the plants in the vegetable garden. We're expecting a warm couple of days with very little possibility of rain. We heard low rumbling thunder just around bed time last night, but the storm was far away and we got no rain from it. The rain we did have a few days ago filled up the barrels again, so the water for the garden is free. I just have to haul it from the barrels to the garden plot. Good exercise!

3 comments:

  1. For some reason it took a long time for the page to load today, but oh were these photos ever worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really want to know that name of that flower, or weed. I want to say it looks something like an allium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, we had a few days of dropped connections a week or so ago. I think they were working on the lines. I hate when they do that.

    emm, if you find out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!