Saturday, June 10, 2017

Don't bug me

It's finals weekend at Roland Garros in Paris. Those two weeks went by fast. I haven't really been able to get into the women's game in recent years. There are fewer stand-out personalities than there used to be, a serious lack of American talent at the top of the game, and no one that I feel like rooting for right now. I find the men's game to be much more interesting these days. It's all cyclical, of course.

An insect clings to a wildflower stem in the morning sun.

But I will certainly watch the women's final this afternoon. Sometimes our television channels show some other matches, like the fun doubles matches with some of the older players and tennis legends. The men's doubles final is today, as well as two legends finals featuring Martina Navratilova, Lindsay Davenport, Kim Clijsters, and Tracy Austin, as well as a France/Sweden match-up between Escudé and Clément, and Norman and Enquist on the men's side. Any of those would be fun to see.

2 comments:

  1. That woman's doubles match sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. evelyn, unfortunately, they didn't show any of it. Just talking heads and re-runs of the men's semis. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!