Sunday, May 28, 2017

A fungus among us

I've probably used that line before, but what the heck. I was surprised to see these ink cap mushrooms poking up through a gravel road (it's the artsy organized neighbor's road to nowhere). I've seen them here before, of course, but normally in the fall, not in the spring. The morning sun shone through the trees and lit up the one whole mushroom in the bunch. The others were past their prime and dying back.

Shaggy ink cap mushrooms.

On Saturday I got to the market and, in addition to strawberries, got a cucumber, a head of lettuce, and a bunch of radishes. We ate radishes as an appetizer, the French way, with baguette, butter, and salt. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the artsy organized neighbor planted them. I've never tried radishes that one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember your Fun-Guy thing previously Walt

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!