Saturday, August 13, 2016

More exterior views

Here are a few more shots outside the Guggenheim Museum on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. I walked around a little for different angles. It's hard to get it all in, of course, even with the wide angle lens. And "clean" shots (without cars, traffic lights, and other bits of real life) are nearly impossible. At least for someone like me walking around on the street.

A neighboring building had some very interesting sculpture at the top.

The view from 5th and East 88th Street.

The view from 5th and East 89th Street. The large rectangular building that rises up behind is the museum's "new" wing, completed in 1991.

5 comments:

  1. After almost half a century my memory is somewhat vague but it's most interesting to see the setting of buildings that surrounds the museum, a feature I can't recall at all. I most fervently hope I can be back there sometime. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying these museum and café posts! Just haven't had time to comment. Must have been a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture is nothing short of amazing! NYC is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. raybeard, I hope you do!

    judy, thanks, it was great fun. I wish Ken had been there, too.

    evelyn, :)

    gosia, very!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!