Monday, July 18, 2016

France interlude

Before I get to the photos from my time in Upstate New York, I thought I'd show you what summer looks like here at home. We're in what I call "high summer" right now. Many warm days, less rain, and the summer green has settled in.

A nice summer's day at home. Ahhhhh!

This is the back of our house. The wisteria is heavy and needs to be trimmed. I moved our greenhouse/tent from out by the garden to a spot against the house. We have basil, coriander, and catnip growing in there at the moment. Our lavender is starting to bloom. The grass is growing much more slowly than it did in the spring when it was constantly watered by rain, and parts of the lawn are getting their summer brown on now.

7 comments:

  1. How about some photos of the vegetable plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lush. And that wisteria must be gorgeous (and the fragrance amazing) when in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Home St Aignan, sung to the tune of Sweet Home Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a nice picture, the house basking in the sun and surrounded by summery green! Just the way a home should look: warm, welcoming and ... well ...like a home you'd love to come back to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosia, and now it's turning brown!

    sheila, good idea. I'll work on that.

    mitch, yes, it is. It blooms in the spring.

    judy, :)

    evelyn, lol!

    elgee, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!