Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I got chills

It's amazing how quickly I get used to nice weather after just a few days of it. Now that April is doing what April does, and the chilly weather is back, I feel let down. I'm not surprised at all, it's just that I forgot the old saying: en avril, ne te découvre pas d'un fil, en mai, fais ce qu'il te plaît (in April, don't take off a stitch, in May, do what you like). It's certainly true this year, at least for April. Let's hope May holds up its end of the bargain.

If you look closely, you can see little leaves sprouting on the grape vines.

One week from today I fly from Paris to Montréal for two nights before driving down into New York State to visit with family and friends and to take care of a few administrative things. Ken will be staying home with Callie and Bert and all of our little garden seedlings. I haven't been back to the US in four years and I'm looking forward to the adventure. The travel arrangements are all made (train, plane, car, hotels, etc.) but there is still a lot to do this week to get ready.

10 comments:

  1. I'll wave hello on my way to Paris. It would be interesting to know if our flights would actually cross. Because of the time difference, you might land in Montréal before I even leave Washington? Comme on dit: Un clou chasse l'autre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll probably be on the ground at Roissy, and maybe already in Paris, by the time Walt's plane takes off.

      Delete
    2. We're leaving on the same day, but when my plane takes off, it will already be Wednesday in Paris. That's why I think Walt may get to the New World before I leave it? Our departures are probably some twelve hours apart!

      Delete
    3. Earlier you said that you would be arriving in Paris on May 3. So is it actually May 4?

      Delete
    4. Yes. I.m lesving Tuesday May 3.

      Delete
  2. In the UK, the saying is "Ne'er cast a clout 'till May be out"....
    That doesn't refer to the month, but the flowers of the Hawthorn, which flowers over most of the UK at some point in May...and is also known as May!
    But, by using the flower, it gives guidance to when, as you move further North, you cast that clout [cloth]....'cos it opens with the weather.
    At least everything is looking greener, now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four years is a long time! I bet you'll see some beautiful spring flowers along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels. Look forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon voyage! Have a great visit.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!