Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Jive turkey

Today makes the fifth day in a row we will have enjoyed our Christmas turkey. Ken's making a mushroom and barley soup with turkey broth and some chunks of turkey meat. Yesterday we had a turkey pot pie. And I'm not tired of it yet. We have more broth for the freezer, and bits of turkey skin and other parts that Callie will eat.

A stand of small trees in the woods where Callie and I often walk.

I had a fire in the wood stove on Monday afternoon. It wasn't cold outside, but the house felt a little chilly, so rather than have the heat come on, I built a fire. I let it die out in the early evening as the living room got up to 21ºC (almost 70ºF) and it felt warm.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! Here in Montreal, Canada, the weather has been warm as well, and winter has finally hit today in the form of a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!