Friday, May 08, 2015

Les ancolies

I think we call these flowers "columbine." They are perennials and come up every spring in one of our flower beds, but they also can re-seed themselves. This year I've seen at least four plants, maybe five: these pink ones and some with dark blue flowers. The columbine shares the bed with very hardy daisies and I think they're being crowded out. I should get in there and thin out the daisies to give the more delicate columbine some room, but it's a low priority with all the other spring chores.

Pink (and blue) columbine grow in a shady spot in the garden.

We're expecting rain again today, but not much. Yesterday I got the weed-eater (strimmer) out and cleaned up what's left of the ditch along our portion of the road and did some other trimming and such. There's still quite a list of things to get done out there. Slowly, but surely, they'll get done. Petit à petit, l'oiseau fait son nid (little by little, the bird builds its nest).

2 comments:

  1. And what a nest you two have! I tired to grow columbine (such a sweet flower) a few times, to no avail. Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!