Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A boring post

Get it? Ha ha. This is one of the "posts" at the end of a row of grape vines where the guide wires are anchored. These are thicker than the intermediate posts and usually driven into the ground at an angle for strength. In places where newer posts are made of galvanized steel, the end posts are still these bigger wooden ones.

The rising sun shines on one side of this post. You can see frost on the top surface.

I was surprised to hear rain on our roof windows last night. We didn't get much, but I wasn't expecting any. Callie heard something at four o'clock this morning and ran barking down the stairs, so I had to get up to see what it was and calm her down. As usual, I saw nothing. I was able to get back to sleep for a couple of hours.

7 comments:

  1. " surprised to hear rain on our roof windows last night. We didn't get much, but I wasn't expecting any"....
    Yup... where did that come from?
    Just as I was about to go and shut the chickens up...
    hrrrummph!

    Like the picture...
    but I love caption competitions, too....
    I think the picture should be re-titled...
    "The straining post!"
    or perhaps...
    "I'm being pulled both ways!"
    or....

    ReplyDelete
  2. tim, lol!

    judy, :)

    craig, oh my...

    betty, I can be so subtle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's nice. Must be early morning sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's nice. Must be early morning sun.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!