Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mirror, mirror, on the ground...

...Who's got the prettiest castle around? Azay-le-Rideau sits on an island in the middle of the Indre River. The river's flow is controlled to create a slowly moving reflecting pool around the castle. Since the park behind the building was closed (where the best and most famous of views are), I had to try to find reflections in other parts of the river.

The bridge you see is the same one from yesterday's photo.

I took these two photos from the same spot on the river's right bank across from the castle's entrance. Since it's fall, there are hundreds of tiny leaves floating on the water's surface.

Turrets, spires, and chimneys.

3 comments:

  1. Azay-le-rideau is on my list! Wheneeeevvvvvvvver I get back to France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. judy, and when will that be? ;)

    gosia, merci.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!