Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Tired of bugs yet?

Believe it or not, we're moving into a period of warmer weather. It's not hot (and it likely won't be), but the temperatures are climbing slowly into spring. There's even the threat of evening thunderstorms. It's about time. Of course this means that we have lots of chores to do outdoors.

A red-striped beetle sunning itself on a recent morning.

Yesterday I got the kitchen window boxes planted with surfinia, a cascading petunia. I've got some standard petunias to put in flower boxes for the deck, but I've got to clean said flower boxes before I can plant in them. I've got more seeds and seedlings to get out into the vegetable garden. And today I've got grass to cut.

10 comments:

  1. busy busy busy! my spouse is starting to do more work outside also.

    nope, never get tired of bugs; today's creature is interesting due to its coloring. don't think I have ever seen one of those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a shield bug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the coolest looking bugs over there...that's a very pretty beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new ringtone for my phone. Something really irritating that will get my attention. I can't decide whether I should download the Azarenka or the Sharapova ringtone. I'll see who advances in the women's singles grunt off today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dean, lol. I'm watching it right now. :)

      Delete
    2. dean, or should I say "listening" to it. ;) By the way, thanks for the postcard! It was great to hear from you!

      Delete
    3. dean, oops, I was watching Sarapova/Jankovic yesterday. Today is the Sharapova/Azarenka match. More grunting!

      Delete
  5. Yikes, that's a good bit of gardening work ahead of you. But, great weather for it is a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not tired of your bug close-ups! They are usually ones I've never seen (that I know of!).

    Sure wish I could watch the French Open; I rarely even get final results on the evening news.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!