Sunday, March 25, 2012

A little bit o' saule

The willows are flowering now and the big weeping willows in our neighborhood are covered in light green. I found this flower on a sapling in a field. I'm not sure what variety of saule (willow) this is, but I do believe it's part of the family. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Saule rhymes with "soul" and a weeping willow is called a saule pleureur.

As you can see, we've moved our clocks to Central European Summer Time (CEST). It feels like we've now adjusted the time to our body clocks. For the past week or so we've been waking up earlier, wanting lunch earlier, and have been ready for sleep earlier than normal. It's the lengthening days that make us want to wake up with the sun instead of the clock.

Now that we've moved forward an hour, the time feels like it ought to.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and your IDing skills are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you- my body is ready for the time change. I prefer getting up with the sun and love the extra daylight in the evenings. Trees are busy this time of year, it's like a miracle when the leaves come out in just a few days time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walt,

    I am always inspired by your wonderful photos. I now have my super duper SLR digital camera but alas, I have so few objects for photos. Just yesterday I was out looking and the best I could come up with was a dewy cobweb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed sleeping until sunlight this past week... but, it's back to work tomorrow, so back to getting up and driving to work in the dark :(

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!