Monday, November 07, 2011

Une montée moderne

I waited in a very long line to get into the museum. We had arrived about fifteen minutes before the doors opened and there was already a crowd. Mark and Julie had museum passes, so their line was much shorter. We agreed to meet inside in the book shop once I got in.

Riding the "up" escalator. That's Mark on the right.

To my amazement, the line to get in moved very quickly. Too quickly. It turns out that it was just a line to get into the building. A ticket line formed inside the lobby, one of those Disney-type queues with ropes and everything. Fortunately, I noticed a bank of automatic ticket vending machines with no waiting, so I used my bank card and got my ticket pretty quickly.

I found Mark and Julie and we headed up the escalator to the main museum space.

5 comments:

  1. I remember going to a movie at the Cinémathèque there up on one of the upper floors. I usually don't get too excited about the exhibits, although I also remember one during that year that was about the early days of American TV. We (our Alma group) were all talking about it, and running over there to see it, because they were showing excerpts from Leave It To Beaver and Dennis the Menace and probably Ozzie and Harriet, and the like :) Do you remember that, Walt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked riding that escalator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to be my guide when next I visit Paris & the country side of the Loire Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, merci!

    judy, I have no memory of that! It may be the wine...

    starman, great views!

    stephen, I hope you can afford me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!