Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Moving right along

The Chicago lakefront is amazing. There is so much going on, and that's just downtown. This is part of the lakefront trail looking northward from near the Oak Street Beach. Walk, jog, skate, or bike, the choice is yours!

Those trees you see are in Lincoln Park, north of downtown. Click to lakeshorify.

You can also choose, as I did, to just sit and watch all the people go by. It was an amazing show. And the backdrops: on one side the vast blue of Lake Michigan and on the other the grand wall of the Chicago skyline.

This is the fifth in a brief series of photos that I took while visiting Chicago in June 1996. They're 35mm color slides that I've scanned and digitized.

6 comments:

  1. BCS game was good if you like goal line stands and defense.

    Last year you saw a lot of red and white for Alabama, this year it is blue and orange. Our teams have had back to back excellent seasons. Roll Tide, War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like fun ...but I'd rather be strolling along the banks of the Loire or people watching outside the PreHisto in Le Grand-Pressigny !! I'm just not a city person - well not for more than a couple of days at a time, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you're teasing us....because I'll just bet that the Chicago lakefront doesn't look like THIS today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get to Chicago! Thanks, Walt.

    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. evelyn, I didn't really have an interest in who won... I don't watch a lot of college ball.

    jean, I was a city person until we moved here. I still love cities, but right now I'm enjoying the country.

    alewis, nope. I just heard they got about 4 inches of snow yesterday.

    bettyann, make your reservations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mostly watch SEC college football and not much pro.You will be watching some of the players in the BCS game next year. Cam Newton wasn't at the top of his game on Monday, but I think he will be a top pick in the draft this year (he'll announce if he'll be in the draft this Friday),

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!