Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pie, not in the sky

I recently realized that I haven't been making as many tartes (pies) as I have in the past. I don't know why. One reason is that Ken has become very interested in making cakes, both sweet and savory. Maybe those sweet cakes took the place of my pies.

An apple tarte made with apples from one of our trees.

This week, however, I'm back in the saddle. I made two apple tartes. And I'm hopeful that as we move into autumn, I'll be making more and more of them.

7 comments:

  1. Mouth watering delicious, and that's just the picture.

    This means I must have some homemade apple pie, with my coffee, which I only can get at that little café on Noordermarkt here in Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple tart looks scrumptious.

    We had our chimney swept in May. We have yet to recieve a bill or a certificate. We are contemplating camping outside the plumber's office when we are next chez nous to pounce on him for the paperwork. He's a very elusive person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at those COLORS in the pic. Who would have thought that a piece of pie would have so many colors, textures and tantalizing temptations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tartes, Walt, and I've had only a virtual taste!

    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. peter, did you find some?

    jean, they are busy this time of year. We're lucky we called early enough to get on this guy's schedule.

    alewis, and tastes so good, to boot!

    bettyann, one of these days...

    stephen, for the right price, I'll deliver in person! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm.... I be RIGHT over then.. Can I have a slice (or two), please??

    Alex and I would like to come and visit soon.. How does mid Oct. sound to you guys?? Hope it's good for you!

    Bon we,
    Leese

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!