Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Kitchen Collection [42]

If you've ever seen "The Andromeda Strain," this image might make you nervous. It reminds me of the scoop spacecraft from that seventies movie and its slimy virus. But it's just a simple box grater. Of course, I've photoshopped the heck out of it.

We have three box graters. The big is is the one we use the most. We grate cheese, of course, but also carrots, zucchini, celery root, and potatoes with it. Then there's a smaller grater that we put on the table for grating parmesan or other cheese directly onto our cheese-needing dishes.

We also have a tiny grater that may have started out as a Christmas tree ornament, but it comes in handy for grating nutmeg, garlic, and ginger. I also have grating attachments for the food processor that I use quite often. Grate !

2 comments:

  1. How weird it looks close up!!!! Vida

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange photo!
    I would never have guessed what it was!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!