Friday, February 16, 2007

Even More Vouvray

Can you stand it or what ? Like I said before, I'm enjoying seeing all these old slides again, so I'm posting some of them here.

Wine merchants hawk their wares along the main road in Vouvray.

If you haven't been following along, Vouvray is a wine town on the Loire River just east of Tours. The single varietal grown in Vouvray is chenin blanc, from which all manner of wines are made from dry to sweet, still and sparkling.


Ken and I spent two vacations in Vouvray in 2000 and in 2001. This photo (above) is a window in the house we rented both times. We liked the area so much that when we decided to buy a house in France, we found one not too far away.

A country lane near the vacation rental in Vouvray.

The vacation house we rented has since been sold and converted to a private residence. We go back to Vouvray every now and again to buy wine from a local producer in la Vallée Coquette.

5 comments:

  1. Hi wcs,
    Sure we can stand it; we are the one's that already like Montlouis !
    And like they say " A consommer avec modération " .

    Nice photos :).
    Have a nice day and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, Thanks ! I try to consommer avec modération, but I have a hard time finding a store that sells that stuff. So I consomme without it. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even more Vouvray? I'll drink to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this as I finish off a bottle of "Vouvray pétillant" (méthode champenoise) that we opened for Valentine's Day...

    I swear it's better than most champagnes, and a lot cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been drinking something just called "Vouvray." It's very fine; I'll have to actually read the rest of the labels one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!