Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Happy !

Just a couple photos of the Christmas Day fun on this New Year's Eve.

Our friend Sue in California sent this cool little dish to us this year. I'm not sure yet, but I think she probably picked it up here in France last spring when she was visiting. She's like that... It works great as a little serving dish !

Down below is the gang around the table. Janet and David brought traditional English crackers that bang when you pull them apart. Inside were these paper hats, little gifts, and little sayings resembling fortunes inside Chinese fortune cookies. This was taken just as we sat down to our dinner of turkey, stuffing, brussels sprouts, and squash purée.

Left to right: Harriet, Alfred, Ken, Janet, David.

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, but I didn't use a flash and I had been sipping wine in advance of dinner. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This evening we're off to see French friends Brassia and Gilles and some others that they've invited for the new year réveillon. They live about 40 minutes from us. Temperatures are predicted to be above 50ºF, so we don't have to worry about icy roads or snow on the way home, and that's a good thing. Oysters and duck are among the items on the menu.

Bonne Année ! See you next year !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Walt,
    When you see Janet, please tell her I scored 2 pounds of nice tender parsnips at Trader Joe's for $1.39 per pound. If I can find them at the grocery store at all, they're huge and woody and $2 per pound. (I get excited about weird stuff sometimes, I know!)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!