Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Spring !

The first full day of Spring is finally here. Whew. For the next six months, we'll have more daylight than darkness, and the days are already beginning to get warmer.

And... our hyacinths are up! Les jacinthes, in French. The daffodils are just about ready to open, and the forsythia are covered with buds getting ready to burst. Soon it'll be time to till the vegetable garden and work in the compost. Thank goodness for spring! And, as my father used to say:

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz.
I wonder where the birdies is?

3 comments:

  1. The birdies all is south of you
    And hit St Aignan in a day or two
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdies are not really gone
    They'll soon be back at St Aignan

    I'll stop now.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in a few months you'll be able to add:

    Spring has sprung,
    Fall has fell,
    Summer's here,
    And it's hotter than...

    (wait for it)

    Last summer.

    Sorry to have missed the hyacinths and forsythia, but I'm glad I got to see your garden when it was just getting ready to wake up.

    ...Susan

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!