Monday, February 13, 2006

Photo du Jour : Dancers


Ok, I know this is not about France. I took this photograph in the East Wing of the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, in 1990, I think. I don't know who the women are, but as I crossed a bridge on one of the upper floors, I noticed them below interacting with the sculpture.

The sculpture reminds me of Degas (hey, he was French!), but I can't find any reference to it online, so I don't know what work it actually is or who sculpted it. My apologies. If any of you recognize it, please leave a comment (by clicking on "comments" at the bottom of this post)!

The fifth and final tour in the Walking Tours series will be the Eiffel Tower/Invalides neighborhoods and it has yet to be written. Perhaps this week... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!